Ian McShane on Bill Maher...
dwacon
2005-04-10 16:27:30 UTC
Nice to hear Ian's natural British accent... he even pronounced "c*cks*cker"
differently.

Too bad Ariana Huffington was drowning him and everyone out. Too bad he
didnt't grab her Trixie-style and tell her to shut her yap.

Bill has to have Ian back on "Real Time," next time with a less mouthy
guest...
--
She talked so much, we think she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle...
www.dwacon.com
Shrike
2005-04-11 09:08:40 UTC
Post by dwacon
Nice to hear Ian's natural British accent... he even pronounced "c*cks*cker"
differently.
Too bad Ariana Huffington was drowning him and everyone out. Too bad he
didnt't grab her Trixie-style and tell her to shut her yap.
Bill has to have Ian back on "Real Time," next time with a less mouthy
guest...
I didn't know of McShane until Deadwood and only saw him out of
character on the Tonight Show several weeks ago. I thought he was a
nice guest and an engaging fellow. Seeing more of the real McShane on
Maher's show, without the facial hair and with his big toothy smile
and hearty humor while sharing his knowledge and comedic insight of
news, culture, and, perhaps more about America than most Americans,
was a real treat. He seems like a great, well-informed guy and I'm
glad to learn that he is so personable. I guess his surly self-serving
Deadwood demeanor had me thinking he couldn't possibly be such a total
opposite in real life.

I'm not a fan of, nor do I despise, Huffington, but, I didn't think
she was being overly obnoxious while somewhat demanding everyone's
attention so she could get her points across. Hearing her say the word
"cocksucker" with her accent is amusing [note quite as amusing as I
think Andrei Codrescu could say the word]. The black pastor, or
whatever his title, was also a decent guest, as well. Nice banter
among Maher and his guests.

It was a good program. I now know more about the real McShane and
wish to see even more of the real person as well as his acting outside
of 'Deadwood'.

By the way, I happened to catch a movie on some premium channel last
week that featured Timothy Olyphant in it. I didn't recognize him at
first without the facial hair and while portraying a modern era
character speaking the language of today rather than displaying the
seriousness of Bullock and speaking the near-Elizabethan language of
the late 1800's. I knew nothing of him before Deadwood either so that
was an entertaining surprise.
Rally
Suck his cock, did ya?
Shrike
2005-04-12 11:02:31 UTC
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:48:06 -0500, "Rally"
Post by Rally
Post by Shrike
glad to learn that he is so personable. I guess his surly self-serving
Deadwood demeanor had me thinking he couldn't possibly be such a total
opposite in real life.
Suck his cock, did ya?
He must have severely penis-whipped you since you obviously have dick
for brains.
Rally
Sorry the humor was taken seriously.
Gord in Ottawa
2005-04-13 00:12:40 UTC
Post by Rally
Post by Shrike
glad to learn that he is so personable. I guess his surly self-serving
Deadwood demeanor had me thinking he couldn't possibly be such a total
opposite in real life.
Suck his cock, did ya?
He must have severely penis-whipped you since you obviously have dick
for brains.
Sorry the humor was taken seriously.
Anybody who watched this week's show ("Something Very Expensive") should
have gotten it.
Bruins72
2005-04-11 14:47:12 UTC
Post by Shrike
By the way, I happened to catch a movie on some premium channel last
week that featured Timothy Olyphant in it. I didn't recognize him at
first without the facial hair and while portraying a modern era
character speaking the language of today rather than displaying the
seriousness of Bullock and speaking the near-Elizabethan language of
the late 1800's. I knew nothing of him before Deadwood either so that
was an entertaining surprise.
Was it "Go" or "The Girl Next Door"? He played similar characters in each of
them... a scumbag.
--
-
Bruins72
Shrike
TGND, and yeah, he was a scumbag.
Bruins72
2005-04-12 12:00:12 UTC
Post by Shrike
Post by Bruins72
Post by Shrike
By the way, I happened to catch a movie on some premium channel last
week that featured Timothy Olyphant in it. I didn't recognize him at
first without the facial hair and while portraying a modern era
character speaking the language of today rather than displaying the
seriousness of Bullock and speaking the near-Elizabethan language of
the late 1800's. I knew nothing of him before Deadwood either so that
was an entertaining surprise.
Was it "Go" or "The Girl Next Door"? He played similar characters in each of
them... a scumbag.
TGND, and yeah, he was a scumbag.
Check out "Go". It's a pretty good movie. Olyphant plays almost the same
character he played in TGND, minus the porn biz.
--
-
Bruins72
Shrike
2005-04-15 02:56:14 UTC
Post by Bruins72
Check out "Go". It's a pretty good movie. Olyphant plays almost the same
character he played in TGND, minus the porn biz.
I haven't seen that flick. Upon checking it out at the IMDb, I am
amused by the following trivia regarding it:

- - -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139239/trivia

The license plate 2GAT123 which appears in this film also features in
Beverly Hills Cop II (1987), Traffic (2000), _Pay It forward (2000)_ ,
Mulholland Dr. (2001), Crazy/Beautiful (2001), L.A. Story (1991),"Two
and a Half Men" (2003), and S.W.A.T. (2003).
- - -

That trivia alone would make it worth my while to see 'Go' and attempt
viewing all of the flicks listed just for that factoid... as long as
Garret Dillahunt isn't driving the car each time. :)
Bruins72
2005-04-15 17:54:07 UTC
Post by Shrike
Post by Bruins72
Check out "Go". It's a pretty good movie. Olyphant plays almost the same
character he played in TGND, minus the porn biz.
I haven't seen that flick. Upon checking it out at the IMDb, I am
- - -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139239/trivia
The license plate 2GAT123 which appears in this film also features in
Beverly Hills Cop II (1987), Traffic (2000), _Pay It forward (2000)_ ,
Mulholland Dr. (2001), Crazy/Beautiful (2001), L.A. Story (1991),"Two
and a Half Men" (2003), and S.W.A.T. (2003).
- - -
That trivia alone would make it worth my while to see 'Go' and attempt
viewing all of the flicks listed just for that factoid... as long as
Garret Dillahunt isn't driving the car each time. :)
That is strange! I wonder what the significance of that license plate is?
Maybe it's the plate of somebody involved in making the films?
--
-
Bruins72
Hoodoo
2005-04-17 09:57:05 UTC
Post by Bruins72
Post by Shrike
Post by Bruins72
Check out "Go". It's a pretty good movie. Olyphant plays almost the same
character he played in TGND, minus the porn biz.
I haven't seen that flick. Upon checking it out at the IMDb, I am
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139239/trivia
The license plate 2GAT123 which appears in this film also features in
Beverly Hills Cop II (1987), Traffic (2000), _Pay It forward (2000)_ ,
Mulholland Dr. (2001), Crazy/Beautiful (2001), L.A. Story (1991),"Two
and a Half Men" (2003), and S.W.A.T. (2003).
That is strange! I wonder what the significance of that license plate is?
Maybe it's the plate of somebody involved in making the films?
That's what I thought it might be. If not that, perhaps an inside joke
or goal regarding how many movies it can be placed within, or it
commemorates someone. Interesting, whatever the reason.

Gord in Ottawa

Took me awhile to recognize him as well.
bangbangshootshoot ()
2005-04-12 03:58:17 UTC
Post by Gord in Ottawa
Post by Shrike
By the way, I happened to catch a movie on some premium channel last
week that featured Timothy Olyphant in it. I didn't recognize him at
first without the facial hair and while portraying a modern era
character speaking the language of today rather than displaying the
seriousness of Bullock and speaking the near-Elizabethan language of
the late 1800's. I knew nothing of him before Deadwood either so that
was an entertaining surprise.
The Girl Next Door?
Took me awhile to recognize him as well.
I would guess it was Dreamcatcher. Was on HBO or Sho last week. A Steven
King adaption about a group of lifelong friends who go to a cabin for a
getaway and encounter an alien species that is using humans to cacoon
inside... the military gets involved and mayhem ensues. Olyphant was one
of the friends.

BangBangShootShoot
dwacon
2005-04-12 05:22:06 UTC
Post by Shrike
I didn't know of McShane until Deadwood and only saw him out of
character on the Tonight Show several weeks ago. I thought he was a
nice guest and an engaging fellow.
Check out the BBC web site...
--
Pater Familias
http://www.dwacon.com/publications/pater_familias.asp
Sparky Spartacus
2005-04-11 12:54:51 UTC
Post by dwacon
Nice to hear Ian's natural British accent...
Right, pretty startling as well.
IMHO the most obnoxious guest was the rightwing preacher (Rev Joe Watkins?).
Lee
2005-04-14 22:16:20 UTC
Post by dwacon
Nice to hear Ian's natural British accent... he even pronounced "c*cks*cker"
differently.
Too bad Ariana Huffington was drowning him and everyone out. Too bad he
didnt't grab her Trixie-style and tell her to shut her yap.
Bill has to have Ian back on "Real Time," next time with a less mouthy
guest...
What I don't understand is, why did he have his Brit accent in the
first episode and then lose it? Also, didn't someone in the episode
or perhaps the second one refer to him as that damned limey?
dwacon
2005-04-15 02:56:14 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by dwacon
Nice to hear Ian's natural British accent... he even pronounced "c*cks*cker"
differently.
Too bad Ariana Huffington was drowning him and everyone out. Too bad he
didnt't grab her Trixie-style and tell her to shut her yap.
Bill has to have Ian back on "Real Time," next time with a less mouthy
guest...
What I don't understand is, why did he have his Brit accent in the
first episode and then lose it? Also, didn't someone in the episode
or perhaps the second one refer to him as that damned limey?
Jane called him that several times. Didn't recall him having a Brit accent
tho...
--
Interactive Glamour Girls Videos
http://www.cafepress.com/dwacon.19483317